Are you a tour guide working in Toronto? You could benefit greatly by joining CTGA of Toronto. Applications for guide membership in the Association are accepted at any time.
Click below to go directly to the application form. You can return to this page by clicking the “Back” button on your browser:
Active/Associate Membership Application Form (Word Format)
Active/Associate Membership Application Form (PDF Format)
Guide Membership is available to anyone who has worked in the Toronto area for one tour season (spring to fall) and has completed a sufficient number of tours to satisfy our Membership Committee. (See the application form for additional details.) New tour guides who do not yet have the full experience requirement may be eliginle for a new, short-term category of membership called Associate Member. It allows them to participate in CTGA while completing the requirements.
The annual membership dues are $50.00. A cheque must be enclosed with the application.
The benefits of membership include:
- opportunities to network with fellow guides,
- educational events and trips presented at minimum cost (often free) to members (See our Events page for more information.),
- group rates to some special events, usually theatrical events,
- subscription to our Newsletter (See our Newsletter page for more information and sample articles.),
- news of job opportunities forwarded from Tour Operators and the opportunity to be listed on our Guides for Hire page,
- access to the “For Members Only” features of this web site including the latest news of upcoming educational Events for members, the Newsletter and our Members’ Forum,
- a photo identification badge clearly identifying the bearer as a member in good standing of CTGA of Toronto,
If you qualify and are interested, we would be happy to have you join. To view a printable version of our Guide Membership Application Form in PDF Format, just click on the title. You will need the free Adobe Reader to view and print this file. If you do not have the Adobe Reader, click here to be transferred to Adobe’s web site to download the program.
When finished with the form just click the “Back” button on your browser to resume navigating our site. If the form does not print for you, you may request that one be sent by regular mail.
Please contact us by email if you have any questions after reading this information and the form.
When not touring themselves guide members are able to take educational excursions with CTGA.